A Journey To Remember

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Some of Micayla's daily thoughts..


Every day this week Micayla has asked me at leaste 2-3 times a day, off and on , When Are We Going To Heaven ? I try to explain the best I can to where she would understand, as soon as Jesus is ready for us. The she ask's, is he going to come pick us up ? And I try to explain, sort of, that when he's ready to come get us, he will pick all of us up and we will rise into the sky and go to Heaven.

I guess it's a little hard for a 41/2 year old to comprehend. Sometimes it's hard for me if I think about it too long.. so anyway yesterday I was in one room and Micayla and Aca were in another and I could hear Micayla telling Aca " I want to go to Heaven" and I heard Aca reply You can't just go to Heaven, and then Micayla with a frustrated voice said " Aca, I want to go to Heaven Now ! " You have to know Aca, he is a very soft spoken, big hearted sweet 10 year old and he just kind of laughed and said well Micayla you're just going to have to wait..

So she stomped off and left it alone... Every night I read a devotional for preschoolers to Micayla before she goes to bed and then we pray. It's nice to know that doing small things like that helps keep your childs mind on the right path.. And you know it has to bring such Joy to Jesus hearing her speak that way. It would probably even bring a tear to his eye if there were tears in Heaven. Thankfully there aren't! I just wanted to share this with everyone because it brings a lot of happiness to my heart, and maybe it will do the same for you all...

2 comments:

Sarah Ward said...

Awe that is so sweet! You are a great mommy for doing that with her and I know she will be thanking you one day for your Godliness! It will be a joy for you to watch her mature spiritually. I can't wait for that time with alyssa! Thanks for sharing! That just made my day! Love you all!!

Angela said...

I get the heaven questions a lot, too. At least their little minds are turning about the 'real' questions.